Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday on the Beach

Today is the day I must decide if I will stay or go. As I mentioned before I have the opportunity to go back to Ometepe, Nicaragua and work at a small hostel for 2 or 3 months. The job would involve checking guest in and out, tending the bar, keeping track of finaces, and occasionally helping in the kitchen. It is a small place 15/20 guests maximum. The pay is zero, but I will get a free place to stay and free food and drink. The owner is Irish/American and love american football so I am going to try and get back there for the superbowl. What dish should I bring to the party?
Since I got a new passport we have traveled to Puerto Viejo, a beach town on the Carribean side of Costa Rica. Here was my day yesterday, we started out lazy and played some pingpong at the hostel, I won 2 games to 1, and then packed up our stuff and moved to a different hostel. We decided to go for a bike ride and rented bike for $4 and headed down the beach rode to the village of Manzanillo man.zan.e.yo, it was about a 12kilometer journey or 1.5 hours at a leisurly pace. It followed the beach, but also went into the jungle a bit. We shall monkey and parrots up in the trees, but you could look for long due to giant pot holes in the road! We reached Manzanillo and locked our bikes against a palm tree and jumpede into the ocean to cool off. We ate at a little rasta restuarant where we had a huge meal for $6. Then headed back. Last night we met up with 2 German girls we had met on Ometepe and listened to a cover band ruin great american songs.
Not bad for a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment