Friday, January 23, 2009

I am not very good at this blog thing

My apologies for the long delay. I will just go backwards from this point to catch you up:
Things have been going extremely well... until yesterday! We left Granda, Nicaragua and were on our way to San Jose, Costa Rica. It ended up being a 4 bus and 14 hour ordeal. The worst part was that I was pick pocketed while getting off a bus in Liberia and my passport, 2 credit cards, and $100 was lost. I just got back from the embassy in San Jose and was able to get an "emergency" passport. Which is only good for 1 year, but will allow me to get back to the states. I am not sure how this will effect my potential plans to go back to Nicaragua and work for a few months, but I will have to decide by Monday. I was able to cancel my credit cards, but not before they charged something for $635! Luckily Bank of America says that I won't be liable.
Before all this craziness we were hanging out in Granda which is a beautiful colonial town on Lake Nicaragua. We took a boat tour of a bunch of different tiny islands that were formed with the largest valcano in the land, Mambacho erupted 100,000 years ago and sent massive amounts of rock into the lake. I found a really sweet private island for sale, only $450k and it comes with A/C, 5 bedrooms, boat docks, bball court, garden, electricity and septic. Anyone want to invest? We also went to Laguna De Apollo, which is a lake that has formed on the inside of Volcano crater. The water is suppose to have healing powers, and I have to say that is made the 200 mosquito's bites that I have stop itching!
If you are super jealous, life is not all fun and games down here. We do have to deal with cold showers and rickety bunk beds normally in a dorm room with 8-12 people. The cool thing is that we have some met a lot of amazing people that are also traveling.
Today we are going to try and make it to Puerto Viejo which will be our one stop on the Caribbean side. I will do my best to be more diligent in posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment