Thursday, January 29, 2009

Canopy Effect

It is Anna's last day in central America :( She leaves tomorrow around 4pm to fly back to the states. Sounds pretty cold if you ask me. I heard there is a bad ice-snow storm in the MO, AR, OK area... I hope everyone is making it ok. If you haven't heard, I have decided to return to Ometepe and work at Little Morgan's for a few months. I am planning on coming back to the states around April 15th.
Today, as a last adventure for Anna before she leaves, we went on a zip line tour thru the canopy of a rain forest about 1.5 hours north of San Jose. It was pretty incredible! We were strapped into what seemed like a massive amount of equipment, but really it was just standard repelling gear. At first is was a little scary flying across a jungle by the seat of your pants, but once you got use to the feeling it was really amazing. We were in a group of 6, myself, Anna, a guy from Belgium, and 3 people from South Carolina. We went across 12 zip lines the longest being 550 meters long and 100 meters high over a river. We also zipped past waterfalls and thru some crazy trees. The highlight was what they called a Tarzan swing. Basically just a giant swing that flings you out over all the trees. I have a video of me doing this which I will attempt to upload at some point.
So this is the end of the chapter, Adam and Anna's excellent adventures, but up next will be an entire new experience with me living on Ometepe. I should have more time and the ability to upload photos!
Everyone come visit for springbreak!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment