Monday, January 19, 2009

Ometepe Part 1

First thing, I know everyone wants pictures and I promise I am taking them, but it is extremly difficult to upload them down here. Most places won´t let you, and if they do it takes a very long time. I will do my best to get some up soon.
Our last night in San Juan (friday) seems ages ago! That night we went out to the local hot spot called Iquana Bar which was a 2nd story club overlooking the beach front. We did a little dancing (no Salsa for me) and made a pinky swear pack with our new friend Mike from Canada to meet in Granada on Monday to depart for the Corn Islands.
The late night meant a late depature, but we got a Taxi to San Jorge and then onto a Ferry to Ometepe. On the ferry we met to German girls and one Brazilian man and quickly became friends. The is a bus that roams the island, but it would have taken 3 hours to get to our destination so we all split a taxi which was a minivan since the roads are so bad. Cristiano (the brazilian) spoke very good Spanish and so we relied on him most of our trip.
¡¡¡¡ I am being kicked off the computer so this must be finished tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment