Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras!

I am enjoying my day off. I have gone to town in order to run a few errands and hopefully find some beads to celebrate the holiday! Liz, if you are reading this I finally go the package you sent today... what was that 4 weeks? To everyone else, it contained my replacement credit cards so I will have money to come back to the states at some point. Speaking of which, while thinking about how to transition back into the ¨real world¨I am considering going to Alaska for the summer and prolonging my adventure. I have a friend who lives on Wrangell island in Southern Alaska. She works for an organization that helps troubled youth by taking them on wilderness trips. http://www.alaskacrossings.org/
I may have an oppurtunity to work in the shop helping to stock supplies, clean and maintain equipment, and prepare for the expeditions. I am not sure if I am going to pursue this, but I do think it would be an interested experience going from an island in the tropics to an island in the artic! I am curious to hear everyones opinions on this idea.
All is well at Little Morgans, I have begun sketching up some ideas for future expansion.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shuler! Hey. Meaghan B. sent me your blog and i had to post a comment just to let you know i'm extremely jealous. My wife and I packed around Costa Rica for a few weeks a few years back and have been aching to return. Your photos bring back a lot of great memories. We went to Arenal area as well as Manuel Antonio area. soooo great. plus we were there just before tourism so good weather and no people. how all is well... Gedney.

    ReplyDelete